Becoming an EMDR Certified Therapist is the next step after completing EMDR Basic Training. The certification process is designed to help you develop your own clinical specialization in EMDR. You will need to sign a consultation agreement documenting the mutual commitment expected for this process. Dr. Suzanne Mikkelson offers consultation in both group and individual formats. While the full requirements are explained at EMDRIA’s website, the basic requirements include:
- Completion of EMDR Basic Training Program
- 20 hours of consultation with an EMDRIA Approved Consultant
- 25 different EMDR clients
- 50 sessions of doing EMDR
- 12 hours of CEUs in EMDRIA approved training
- Being fully licensed in your professional area
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in your field of license.
Suzanne also hosts a monthly 2 hour EMDR Advanced Consultation Group for any EMDR trained clinician who wants to receive additional training and peer feedback to continue developing their EMDR skills. This group is open to anyone who has completed their basic course (including the 10 hours of consultation following the training) and sign up for the group at the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904084ba8ae2a1-emdr2. Group consultation is a cost-effective, fun way to sharpen those EMDR skills.